Happy Tuesday everyone! I just got home from school, I only have one lesson on Tuesdays which is so nice! But not everyone has as chill schedule on Tuesdays’ and for those of you who feel like treating themselves after school/work with a little sweet thing, here is something for you! ROCKY ROAD CUPCAAAAAKES! (Everything written in capital letters needs to be shouted, just so you know). These cupcakes are so delicious! They do contain nuts though, but that can probably easily be removed/replaced by something else of your preference!
For 12 cupcakes you’ll need:
2 1/2 deciliters caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
50 grams of butter
1 deciliter sour cream
2 tablespoons of cold coffee
3 1/2 dl wheatflour
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 tablespoons cacao-powder
1 pinch of salt
100 grams dark chocolate
2 deciliters salted peanuts
Optional: Some toffee caramels (”dumlekolor” preferably, you can google and see if there´s anything similar in your country!)
Optional: Some cranberries
Chocolate glaze ingredients:
1 1/2 dl unwhipped whipped cream
1/2 decliter milk
2 tablespoons honey
200 grams of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
Do like this:
- Preheat your oven to 175° C/347°F
- Whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla sugar until it’s white and fluffy (but not so fluffy that you’ll die, that’s not good)
- Melt the butter, put in the sour cream and coffee and blend. Then pour into the egg-mix.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cacaopowder and salt in a bowl and then mix that into the egg-mix as well.
- Melt the dark chocolate and then pour into the egg-mix. Stir evenly and well!
- Pour in the peanuts, marshmallows, toffee and cranberries into the batter and mix gently!
- Put into cupcake-cases (fill about 2/3 of the case. I slightly overdid the filling and they sort of floated over…). Put into the oven for about 15 minutes!
- Take out and leave to cool!
- Boil the cream, milk and honey. Then take away from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut the chocolate and mix with the cream-milk-honey-thingy and allow it to melt.
- Put a bit of glaze onto every cupcake. Feel free to decorate with sprinkles, marshmallows, peanuts, or anything! The choices are endless! (Or well, there might be certain things that you don’t want on your cupcakes but eh… yeah)
And then it’s just to indulge into these wonderful creations! I hope you enjoyed them! If you did these yourself, feel free to leave a comment on what you thought about them! 😀
Now you may continue to having a sweet, sweet day! Love you lots!
End of teatime! *Clink clink*